Finally getting off my lazy butt and posting these critters! You may notice that I did not actually use up all of these "empties." Very astute! I did, however, do a fairly major clean out of my skin products regardless of empty status. Have you ever gone on one of those YouTube death spirals where you lose hours of your life clicking through links? I did that with the zit popping videos and eventually ended up watching people draining abscesses and it was suddenly VERY important to me that I get rid of all my gross old skin stuff. Anything over a year old just had to go.
So, from left to right on the top row:
1. Organix Extra Strength Moroccan Argan Oil - This seemed pretty helpful for keeping my ultradry bleached hair from totally falling off into cotton candy, but since I'm not a bleach blonde right now I don't need it. I will keep it in mind for possible future dry hair needs, though.
2. Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream - acceptable but definitely not a preferred product. It largely did the job, but often left me looking shiny, and was too yellow for my winter skin. Won't be repurchasing.
3. Maybelline FitMe Concealer - Worked well enough, didn't cake up under my eyes when I tried to cover my pandabags. I've moved away from concealers, actually, so I won't be repurchasing only because I no longer use the product category at all.
4. Guerlain l'Or Primer - this stuff made me feel like the fanciest bitch of all time because I was rubbing in freakin' gold flakes on my face. Awesome! I can't say it did much for foundation longevity, but it did add a glow to the skin. No shimmer or shine, just magical luminescence. I might repurchase this once I have Fancy Bitch levels of money and am ok with spending nearly $100 on a bottle of gold face goo.
5. Holika Holika Aqua Petite Jelly BB Cream - I actually loved this stuff. Matte, buildable, good coverage and a fun jello texture. I am only getting rid of this because it is old and ZITS YOU GUYS.
6. Maybelline FitMe Foundation - a good enough foundation but never my go to. No repurchase.
Left to right, bottom row:
7. Maybelline Rocket Volum' Express mascara - Did the job, I suppose, but always felt a little wetter than I like my mascaras. No repurchase.
8. Revlon Ultimate Colorstay liquid lipstick - I bought this because a friend of mine uses it as her "Through Hell and High Water" lipstick. She wears it to multi hour boxing classes and it stays on. While it does stay on pretty darn well, it is sticky, drab, and just does not feel nice on. Throwing it away in a fit of rage.
9. Lioele Mix Concealer - decent enough but a bit thick and probably a bit too yellow for my skin tone. Again, since I am no longer using concealers, I have no need for this.
10. L'oreal lipgloss in Peach Fuzz - was a very lovely lip gloss but separated into a weird oil with strings of pigment in it, which I think means it is time for it to never touch my face again. When your makeup looks weird, it's gone bad, kiddos. Throw it out. I'd get the gloss again though, because it was a good product.
11. Origins Ginzing! eye cream - depuffs like a miracle, but it's only caffeine. I already bought a new pot.
12. Lioele Diamond Pearl BB Cream - this BB cream was mega glittery and gave me a super shiny face in a way that crossed the line from "pretty" into my mom asking me when she saw me if I was sick. It will never touch my face again.
12 for the last two months brings me to a running total of 23/50, or nearly halfway! Though I have to say, I'm questioning if I should allow myself to even get a little reward once I finish the 50. I counted the other day and discovered I have 42 lipsticks... I may have a hoarding problem.